Thursday, 8 January 2015

Mega Pokemon Center in Ikebukuro and Namja Town report





The center itself has been opened for a month, there is a separate one in Tokyo but it is in a really random and out of the way place, it is close to Ueno I believe. This one was launched in anticipation of Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. The location is in Sunshine city in Ikebukuro, on the newly opened second floor.

There is a lot of anime and otaku culture in Sunshine city and an aquarium, so even if Pokemon isn't your thing it's a good place to visit.


I was actually really surprised by the size, it was a lot more vast than I had anticipated, it made my heart flutter so much, I felt like a kid again <3


We even found Pikachu cosplay plushies that looked like us....


I think most of the products sold there are plushies, they had amost every Pokemon in plushie form - even really obscure ones!

The one I really wanted was the Charizard cosplay version of Pikachu, BUT that version was snapped up by scalpers in the first day of the center opening.



Mega versions of Pokemon could be seen everywhere too!



And of course tons of Pokemon Gatcha machines!


I wore Lolita for this trip, which made me feel even more like a child and harder for me to contain my excitement >w<

Namja Town


Namja town is also lying in Sunshine City, it is a big inside theme part with various indoor attractions. The attractions seemed pretty lame so we bought the cheaper ticket just to visit the two food parks "Gyoza land" and "Ice cream town"



The Dumpling town section was built old-style, maybe like Showa period? There were litle alley ways to sit that looked like old tea houses and izakayas. It was really neat. I saw maybe 80 types of dumplings that you could eat, from traditional styles to new fusion styles.


There was also some collaboration with Shingeki no Kyoujin, so there were SNK gyoza, ice cream, UFO catchers and also this attraction where you have to build the wall back as fast as you can to win a prize. The announcer was wearing a SNK cosplay too~




We ate about four kinds of Gyoza; regular Utsunomiya style (not pictured) which were of course delicious, but plain. Then we tried gyoza with fried cheese, which was amazing and cheesy gyoza that were all stuck together, Finally the ones on the bottom left were traditional style, but I found the texture to be too chewy and doughy. It felt like our stomachs were full of cement afterwards >w<

Next was Ice cream land~


You could have almost any flavour, and by any, I mean even the totally weird and bizarre flavours. For example there was beef tongue, garlic, wasabi and crab!


We settled on double cheese, cassis and orange, vanilla, green tea, strawberry milk and oyster!
My favourite was actually the double cheese, it was really cheesy but somehow still delicious. The oyster one was still sweet but with weird little oyster chunks in it.



I definitely recommend Namja town just to try the different kinds of food, the attractions themselves aren't so interesting but you have to try oyster ice cream~


1 comment:

  1. Omg I wish I could go to a Pokémon Center...although I'd definitely spend too much money on plushies!

    ReplyDelete