Wednesday, 30 April 2014

New Job at Eikaiwa!



I haven't posted for awhile so I haven't mentioned that I got a new job after finishing my contract at the Middle School in Saitama.

It was kind of an interesting story; I was heading to Club Camelot in Shibuya and I somehow got lost. I bumped in to two Japanese serious-looking salary men and asked them in Japanese if they could show me where the club was, but then they replied in English!

So we talked for awhile and they said they were impressed by my Japanese and they owned a language school and offered me an interview. That's how I got the job!


The first thing I noticed was that the office was in the heart of Roppongi, right next to the station, the classrooms were super stylish and actually the two guys that ran the school wern't so serious at all >-<


So this seemed like the perfect place for me. Basically it's an Eikaiwa and I teach students one-on-one. My students are mostly businessmen, but I actually teach a famous comedian too and two really adorable kids. The company is new so there aren't that many students, but it is a fun job and everyone works really hard and all my work friends are kind. We get to do stuff like this:



Right now my hours aren't really full time so I'm looking for another part-time job to cover me, but I really enjoy working here!


No comments:

Post a Comment