Wednesday, 12 March 2014

Last day at Higashi!



The last week at Higashi Middle School was super emotional for a number of reasons; the people whom I once called my work colleagues ended up becoming my dear friends, the students I taught every day came to depend on me as much as I looked forward to hearing their stories and laughing about Oyaji Gyagu with them.

The most emotional class was my beloved hospital class; naturally over the past six months some students have "graduated" from the hospital class as they have become well enough to go back to regular school, so a few students would just vanish without saying goodbye. On my final day, as I entered the room I saw every student I had ever taught in that class, they had all came specially to the hospital class to say goodbye! I admit I cried a little during the opening greetings and "How is the weather today..".

One of the students made a special card featuring a picture of her family, her mother came in and thanked me personally in Japanese, which was a great honour. Ayu was my youngest and sweetest student-



My work friends and students somehow showered me with gifts; flowers, stationary, collages and snacks. I couldn't believe how much I was thought of.

 


 
 
Another class I will really miss is the Taiyo- class, which is a Special Education class. In my opinion that was definitely the most fun class with the most enthusiastic and genki students, we always got to learn through making crafts so it was exciting for me to learn how to create and explain different crafts each week. The Taiyo- class left with a collage featuring a photo we took at Christmas time, when we made pop-up Christmas cards.
 


 
 Although one of the students left a rather weird and amusing message on the card.... >__<


 
 

At the end of the day I realized that Higashi has ben a very big and important part of my life, one that has changed me as a person. Through working there I have become a more patient person, and I feel that now I can see the potential in everyone, after seeing all my students strengths and weaknesses. I only hope that my next job will be as fun and influential for me.
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment