Thursday, 25 July 2013

Star Sailor shoot and Japanese Fashion Exhibition!



Recently I attended the Japanese Fashion exhibition of POSE studio in Leigh-on-Sea. I was lucky enough to be able to model and style in a lot of the shots at the exhibition, so it meant a lot to be able to go and see them and of course, see members of the public seeing these images and hearing their opinions.
The exhibition displayed Lolita, fairy-kei, shironuri, gyaru and butler styles among others. It was a ridiculously hot day and the studio got sweltering, so we had to pop out and get Ice Cream soda floats ^__^

Here's a sample of what the exhibition had to offer:




You can see me looking ultra-moody in Gothic Lolita, my favourite shots from this selection where the shironuri ones, they look so ghostly and ethereal.

After me and Pixie_Late wandered around the exhibition and ate a ton of Ice Cream, we decided to have a photoshoot as, lucky for us, the exhibition was in the quaint little seaside town of Leigh-on-Sea and there was plenty of great places to shoot!




 The theme was "Star Sailor" wearing matching Galaxy Seifuku outfits from Taobao and boater hats, we managed to find these abandoned rowing boats in the mud to pose in. There was mud and old boats for as far as the eye could see, it was like a seaside apolocalypse!





The accessories I wore were from Candy Geisha, who are one of my wonderful sponsors and the set is Rococo Kitty. The wig I wore is called "Pink Frosting" and is from Geisha Wigs. I think the pink hair with the galaxy seifuku gave the set a "magical girl" vibe. As I had finally finished watching Mahou Shojou Madoka Magica, and I wanted to do something different.

Apart from the blazing hot sun, it was a great shoot, working with another lovely model and in such a perfect location. It's a shame we had such little time, as there were so many more amazing places to shoot, I would recommend anyone to go there, even just to visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment