Saturday, 25 August 2012

App Spotlight: Snapeee



Snapeee

I come across this app whilst looking for more photo filter apps, I have tried about every "Purikura" style app so far and they have all been pretty lame, BUT this one looks as though it has potential.

It appears to be the Japanese version of Instagram:

 
You have a Username and can add followers, much like Instagram, I didn't come across a tag system but you have to select a catagory for your photo. There is a "Gourmet" catagory and also a section which shows events such as competitions to take the most delicious-looking picture.
 
Anyways. firstly i'll go over how it works.
 
Step 1: Upload photo/ Take Photo
Step 2: Add lighting effects or a filter.
Step 3: Add a Frame/Stickers/Writing/Stamps
This is where the app gets interesting, it is pretty much like a hand-held Purikura booth.
Step 4: Add a Category and comment then post the picture; your followers will see it and I think anyone who browses the category you posted the picture in.
 
There is a suprising range of stamps and you can actually download more! some of the packs are free but of course most of them you need to pay for (there was a free "sweet girl" pack with loli items such as macarons and bows). You can change the size and angle of the stamp and layer them, there's also an un-do button if you screw up. I think there is potential to make a lot of unique pictures!
 
 
 
As I was scrolling some of my suggested followers I came across no other than Misako Aoki! Although I should have guessed, seeing as this app is used as a Japanese social networking service. You can connect it with Facebook, Twitter and Mixi amongst others. I have only just downloaded this app so I will do a bit of stalking and see who else I can find!
 
 

 
It was unusual to see such casual pictures of Misako, a nice insight into the queen of kawaii! Aparently she likes cup noodles >__<
 
If anyone feels like downloading the app it's on the Iphone app store, you can download it on ipad too but full screen the resolution is a little pixelated. If anyone does make an account please add me! My user name is Alumnia.
I'm also interested to see the kind of pictures that you guys post! I think I will be addicted to taking pictures of tasty-looking food now...
 
 
 
Once you start posting pictures, people can "like" them, "cute" them and even "yummy" them x3 After I posted a couple of pictures I actually got a response!
 
 

 
Thankyou for reading!
I will explore this app a bit more and in a week or so update you on any new features I come across, if you are familiar with Instagram it should be pretty straight forward!
 
Happy snapping  ^_^
 
 

 
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment